Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My anglefish layed eggs again!!!!

When I went to my fish tank this morning, I got a huge shock and suprise....my anglefish layed eggs...on the fish tank walls (although I left a slanted piece for them to lay eggs as the bellies of the female had become huge).... but unlike the previous case, both the male and female were in the same tank.....so I hope that atleast this time, the eggs will be fertillized and hatch.

Actually, since the last 'accidental' attempt to breed, I had not thought much about creating a conducive envt. for the fishes to breed...I had sort of given up hope of breeding them... just left it to nature... if they breed, good for me... if not, then its alright too.. but in the back of my mind, I was hopin they would breed again ;p

Also, before this, the male anglefish was very aggressive and kept biting the tail fo the female. After consulting with my 'fish expert' friend, he told me tat maybe the male didn't want this female as his breeding partner and I quarantined the male for the past 2 wks. Then when I put him back into the main tank, he kept biting the female again...but this time, I decided to leave it as it is... no more quarantine as I had no space to keep them separated!!

Initially, I had 4 fishes...but a month back, I had to give away one (that fish turned out to be female) the 'anglefish war' started suspecting that the tank was too crowded. Now I'm left with 2 female and a male. As one of the female had its tail badly bitten off, I separated and kept it in another tank to recover... afraid I'm gonna have to give it away also... really havin space constraints... will just keep 1 male and female... and not worry too much abt breeding.

Anyone interested in havin a female anglefish for free??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home