Friday, November 12, 2004

Ramadan is coming to an end...

The month of Fasting (Ramadan) is coming to an end....it's very sad but on the other hand, it's a joyous occasion too.

Sad because soon, I have to start eating lunches...I always get used to skippin lunches during fasting month and gettin an extra hour each day. In addition, this is a very sacred month as it is during this month that all your prayers and wishes will be fullfilled. If u have read my previous blogs, all my major deadlines occured during this month and I succeded in all of them ^_^

Happy because I am proud of my discipline to fast eventhough I had very exhausting and hectic days. I even carried out my normal exercise routines. Fasting is about carrying on about your normal daily activities without letting hunger and thirst to affect your activities. Unfortunately, there are those few who take this fasting moth as an excuse to slack. Well, very sad for them as they have not understood the true meaning of fasting. In addition, fasting also gives your body organs a break/vacation. U can forget about all these detox programs which aims to give your organs a break. Just fast....this also detoxes your body!! In addition, the mind also goes through a cleansing process as all negative thoughts and feelings are aimed to be removed. It's a time to forgive and forget (Well, this is a bit more tricky than cleansing your body). So its a mind, body and soul cleansing process.

To all my Muslim Friends....EID MUBARAK!!!
To all my non-Muslim Friends...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home