Sunday, July 17, 2005

ST 160th Anniversary Contest

From 1st to 15 July 05', my mum and I conscientiously collected all the letters for the ST 160th Anniversary contest... mainly it was because of me as I was dreaming of winning the grand prize : Mazda 6 car... not financially strong to get one now so the only thing meantime is to hope to win one lor. In my enthusiasm, my mum decided to assist me in my dreams... (so sweet rite ...I have the best mum in the world... always supporting my dreams). Ok lah...after winning the ndp tickets, I tot why not try my luck again...who knows sekali I win again...wohoooo....Mazda 6 here i come... ok ok...so back to the ST contest.

On 15 July, we had successfully solved the 4 line riddles.
1st line: Where the sun rises... must be in the east
2nd line: By the sea... must be near the beach
3rd line: From seven to eleven... must be a business establishment... food court, restaurant, shop, etc.
4th line: Ronald eyes the perfect game... Macdonalds lah... duh!!

So the contest place must be at East Coast near Macdonalds. To be more exact, at the stage near the inline skating area. And right we were plus a whole lot of other people.

Although expecting alot of people to figure this out, what we didn't expect was the traffic jam... normally, I can reach East coast within 10 mins by bus but this journey took 40 mins... plus we left ard 10.30 and the contest closes by 11.30am... imagine how nerve-wrecking it can be... but no problem... national service had taught me to remain cool and calm in stressful situations.. and cool I was... hehehe

We reached the place ard 11.10am and submitted the contest forms... I also saw this fella submitting 4-5 forms ... well no suprise anyway... we are a kiasu bunch... oklah oklah... I will give him the benefit of the doubt.. he was helping his friends to submit.... yeah rite... he must be REALLY REALY REALLY desperate to win the car.

According to the contest details, all submissions will stop at 11.30am... yeah rite... u r a sucker to believe tat.. draw took place ard noon... sometimes I feel tat organizers should stick to what they state... end at 11.30 means end at 11.30 lah... why must they drag... so many people were waiting... oh yah... speaking of so many people waiting... people actually brought their babies to that super crowded place with their trams... sometimes, I'm at a loss for words with such parents... did I mention that it RAINED in the morning... even more unbelievable.

Well, being the patient bunch that we are, we waited and waited till noon for the results... after the winners were announced (congrats to those winners... yr luck was with u that day), we all rushed to balik kampung. Eventhough I didn't win, slogged through the crowd for nothing and hoping to win, I would do this again... moral of the story... WITHOUT HOPE, THERE IS NO FUTURE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home