Thursday, March 31, 2005

Assistive Technology Invention Competition...

I went to present my invention for the Assistive Technology Invention Competition today. It is organized by the Society for the Physically Disabled....the first of such a competition to be held. It was basically a modification of my research work that can be used to assist disabled people (i.e. upper limb prostheses) who have lost their upper limbs.

Presentation preparation was a piece of cake but I really hope that the judges were impressed with the novel design that I presented. Well, no one has ever done it before so it really is a novel design with better performance than existing devices.

Judges looked impressed but looks can be deceiveing as I have learnt...but who knows...I might win....or I might not....I'm wishing for the former situation ;p

There were abt 20 teams- 12 student teams and 8 open category teams (i.e. from the industry), but didn't get a chance to see all the inventions...just a few and they were mainly wheelchair modifications.

Well, I gave my best today and I must and will win!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are the results out yet?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home